Monday, January 22, 2007

Bangkok's Golden Buddhas




Last weekend I saw the movie “The Protector” and I enjoyed it partly because I could relate to so many details- it was very reminiscent of several trips to Laos and Thailand. These included the elephants, water boats and the design styles. The golden and red colours reminded me of these Buddhas from the well known temples in Bangkok: Wat Pho, Wat Phra Kaew and Bangkok Wat Traimit.

I guess most people should know that one should be respectful in religious shrines, but it was very rather disturbing to witness, last month, an English tourist using foul language on the old lady collecting the $1 fee at the Wat Xieng Thong in Laos.


1 comment:

LadyLuz said...

Very interesting blog. I loved the Caribbean scenes and your Far East travels.